Beautiful cheesecake with lemon, which is super easy and quick to make. The recipe has a crunchy base of digestive biscuits and the cheesecake filling is Philadelphia cream cheese with a fresh lemon flavour. Perfect Easter cake or spring cake decorated with edible flowers or berries.
125 g butter
50 g almonds
200 g digestive biscuits
10 g of sugar
3 leaves gelatin sheet
250 g cream cheese
200 g sour cream 18%
100 g of sugar
1 lemon, juice and zest
250 ml whipping cream
Small chocolate Easter eggs
HERE’S HOW YOU DO IT
- Melt the butter and let it cool slightly.
- Toast almonds on a dry pan. Take them off the heat and let them cool.
- Put digestive biscuits and almonds in a food processor and blend them. I think it’s delicious that there’s a bit of a bite, so mine aren’t blended 100%, but it’s a matter of taste.
- Put digestive biscuits, almonds and sugar in a bowl. Add melted butter and mix until it resembles coarse sand.
- Line a springform pan (20 cm) with baking paper on the bottom and plastic wrap on the sides. Spread the biscuit mixture in the spring form and press it firmly together with the bottom of a glass or a spoon so that the base is completely firm.
- Put the spring form in the fridge for min. 1 hour until the base has settled. If you’re in a hurry (or just the impatient type, you can put it in the freezer for 10 minutes).
- Place the gelatin sheets in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes.
- Put the cream cheese, creme fraiche, sugar and finely grated lemon peel in a bowl and beat it together well with a hand mixer.
- Put lemon juice in a small saucepan. Take the house custard out of the water, wring it free of water and add it to the lemon juice in the pan.
- Heat and melt the cottage cheese over low heat. Take it off the heat and notice that it should be finger-warm when you mix it into the cream cheese.
- Pour the warm lemon juice and melted gelatin sheets into a thin stream into the cream cheese mixture while whisking.
- In another bowl, whip the cream to a light foam.
- Put ⅓ of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and stir it in. Then carefully fold in the rest of the whipped cream.
- Spread the cream cheese mass in the springform pan on the biscuit base and lightly tap the springform pan against the table to get all the air bubbles out.
- Put the cheesecake in the fridge for min. 4-6 hours – preferably overnight.
- Take the cheesecake out and leave it on the kitchen counter for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the plastic wrap and decorate it with small Easter eggs (or berries).